Daily Report - Yosemite National Park
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
...WINTER WEATHER HAZARDOUS OUTLOOK...
This hazardous weather outlook is for the higher elevations of the Southern Sierra Nevada.
.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT
No hazardous weather expected.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY
* Snow Accumulations: Several inches along Tulare County
Mountains. Up to a few feet in the Yosemite area.
* Elevation: 9000 feet on Sunday...lowering to 5000 feet as storm
* Winds: Gusts up to 65 mph along the crests.
* Visibility: Less than 1 mile in heavy rain, 1/2 mile in heavy
* Timing: Sunday through Tuesday
* Locations include: Yosemite National Park...including Tuolumne
Meadows...Tioga Pass...Wawona...and the South Entrance as well
as Kings Canyon National Park and Huntington Lake. Sequoia
National Park...including Lodgepole...as well as other
communities above 6000 feet.
* Impacts: Anyone with outdoor plans should take caution...and
travel may be difficult due to snow covered roads. Also carry a
winter survival kit. Further statements including advisories...
watches and warnings may be necessary.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 64.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
Thanksgiving Day: Sunny, with a high near 62. Low around 31.
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Low around 32. 20 percent chance of light rain after 10pm.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 73.
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
Thanksgiving Day: Sunny, with a high near 73. Low around 36.
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Low around 37. 20 percent chance of light rain after 10pm.